Skip to Content

Help with a Federal Agency

Residents of the 6th Congressional District of Louisiana are encouraged to contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. 

Whether it's the Social Security Administration, the VA, Medicare, or any other federal agency: if you aren't getting assistance in a timely fashion, if you feel you have been treated unfairly or if you're experiencing other difficulties, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive the fair and timely response to your problem that you deserve.

Please note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization ("Privacy Release Form") before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Completing a Privacy Release Form is required and is the first step to initiate assistance from our office.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers on your Privacy Release Form, such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved

Privacy Release Forms

You can complete a digital Privacy Release Form online or you can print out a physical Privacy Release Form that must be signed and sent back to our office.

  • Click here to complete a digital Privacy Release Form online. If you need assistance filling out this online form, please call my office at (225) 442 - 1731.

  • ***Upon completing your Privacy Release Form, please keep track of your Confirmation ID (shown after the form is submitted). This number is your case reference number with our office, and will let out office best track your information should any issues arise.***

If you'd like to print out a physical Privacy Release Form to sign and send back to our office, choose one of the following two options. You must sign your completed form before sending it back to our office.

Click here for a physical version of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Privacy Release Form.