Graves Announces $2.1 Million Award to Construct Fletcher Technical Community College Workforce Training Building
WASHINGTON, DC – U.S. Congressman Garret Graves announced a $2.1 million federal grant for Fletcher Technical Community College to support the construction of a new workforce training facility – and 500 new jobs – in Schriever. Information about the Investment Award is below:
- Title: 2019 Disaster Supplemental Funding – Workforce Training Building
- DOC Bureau: Economic Development Administration
- Investment No and Type: 08-79-05376 – Economic Adjustment Assistance
- Applicant: The Fletcher Falcon Enterprise Corporation
- Co-Applicant: L.E. Fletcher Technical Community College
- Contact Information: Chandler LeBoeuf, Executive Director
- (985) 448-7920; email@example.com
- City/County, State: Schriever/Terrebonne County, LA
- U.S. Congressional District: 6
- EDA Investment Amount: $2,100,000
- Total Project Cost: $2,660,000
- Anticipated Impact/Outcome: 500 jobs created.
Description: This EDA investment supports the Fletcher Technical Community College with constructing a new state-of-the art facility dedicated to workforce development in Schriever, Louisiana. The new facility will provide classrooms and training laboratories for Allied Health, Nursing Programs, and a Workforce Center that offers advanced, customized and relevant training, to meet the needs of local employers in the area. Once completed, the project will help bolster job creation, attract private investment, and support economic resiliency throughout the region.
More information on EDA’s grant process and investment process can be found at www.eda.gov.